Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Miracles!


MIR-A-CLE
1: an extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs
2: an extremely outstanding or unusual event, thing, or accomplishment

I recently thought about what makes for a miracle.  Is it an extraordinary event in the physical world that surpasses all known human or natural powers and is ascribed to supernatural causes?  I found an old diary dated May 3, 1997.  In it, I wrote of the power of putting your thoughts on paper.  It brought me back to a person who remains strong on my spirit named Aida Robinson.  Aida believed in the power of visualization.  She once told me that if you want something that is connected to your divine purpose - to write it down, look at it and keep it in close sight.  Right at the time she shared her belief in focus, works (putting action to those things) and visualization, I had just confirmed my own personal belief in God and was actively seeking his word for my own understanding.  I wrote down my word and taped it onto my work phone.  I encased the word inside a triangle and looked at it daily.  Over time, the word came to life. The visualization of that word became reality.

The diary, after finding it, confirmed for me that words and vision, coupled with action make for progress, happiness and fulfillment.  In that journal I began my entries with the quote, "Light tomorrow with today!" by Elizabeth Barrett Browning.  Elizabeth Barrett Browning's words were like a sign that what I focus on and illuminate today has supernatural powers for the future.  And so, I offer each of us eternal light that should spark and illuminate our God purpose into your tomorrows by ending all of my blog posts with that quote.
I'm not sure that I would classify the events that were attached to the journal as a miracle.  But I know that I want to experience life as if miracles happen daily!  How can we allow miracles to be seen when we don't allow ourselves to find the quiet and joy in the simple joys and treasures in life?  Miracles are quite simply right in our faces.  We miss them because we allow distractions, the outside noise, problems and challenges of life to take over and as a result we loose sight of our miracles.  How do we find ultimate peace and not doubt Gods love in order to stay connected to the miracles?  Every morning I pray and meditate, to help me see what HE would have me to focus on so that I can experience my miracle.  Have you ever thought about the marvel and the miracle in us?  I recently experienced an exhibit here in Atlanta called, Bodies the Exhibition.  A fascinating experience of the wonder and sheer awesomeness that is the Body.  The body is Gods special, unique, purpose filled creation and expression of love that is you and me.  After seeing the exhibit I had a real God experience that was unlike no other.  The curators of Bodies provide us with a glimpse of the unspeakable phenomenal mystical creation of life!  If you get a chance and it comes to your town or if you are in Atlanta, please make it your business to experience Bodies, The Exhibition.  It will change your life and show you the miracle that is each one of us.
What are you willing to do so that you can experience your miracles?  It requires you to be mindful.  Mindful of the beauty and majesty found every day in simple things.  Slow down and enjoy each and every moment of life.  I went walking in the evening and smiled at the beauty found in the stars twinkling in the sky.  I found such happiness in the skyline, the people who passed by, the trees, my home, my family, my friends, the sounds of music and me.  Yes, Me!  I appreciate and love all that is me.  I am a unique and special gift and so are you!  Keep the focus on you at one special time in the day.  God revels in our appreciation and care of ourselves.  When we focus on ourselves we become connected to the miracle, the marvel and outstanding accomplishment that is each and every one of us.  Believe it!
Light Tomorrow With Today! Love Gee

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Tonya! You call them miracles. I call them blessings. Thank you so much for sharing. It's refreshing to see how much you're grown in your spiritual awakening.

It's true; words carry power. I remember when, back in the day, I wanted nothing more than to be a platform software trainer and to travel the world. Every day I would write on any scrap piece of paper I could find, "I will be a trainer" "I will be a trainer" "I will travel and see the world" "I will travel and see the world" "I will travel and see the world". And guess what? The power of those words came true and I now do both of those things. The funny thing, I became a trainer and continue to travel the world till this day, but I stop writing down my affirmations. Why? Did I stop dreaming? Perhaps I became complacent, contend, tired, lazy, overwhelmed with working, motherhood and being a wife. Did I crash and burn?

Well I’m back to basics.
I, Sharon Glover Hammond will achieve more, give more and be more than I am today.

I, Sharon Glover Hammond, will rise from my own ashes and I will breathe again.

I, Sharon Glover Hammond will be awarded multiple 8(a) Government Contracts.

I, Sharon Glover Hammond will have a successful 8(a) business.

Again, thanks for reminding me to affirm the things that I want. Thanks for reminding me to be mindful of my blessings, which are many, and thank you for sharing "you".

--Sharon

Mission

Examining words that inspire actions that propels you and me to come alive and fulfill our Godgiven purpose!